Friday, March 28, 2008

Warm-up Sketch...


This is a warm-up sketch I did in about twenty minutes of Dominic Monaghan, who plays "Charlie" on LOST. To be quite honest, I am not at all happy with this sketch. I think a good measure of the problems I have with it stem from the fact that I attempted to draw him completely from memory, rather than utilize any reference photos.

Regardless of how ineffective the result is, I chose to post it anyway – as my main ambition for this blog is to enhance my abilities through criticisms both negative and positive. For me, there’s no integrity or growth in posting only work that I’m happy with. Therefore, if you have any critiques, please fire away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say your sketches are great! While you may have been going for Charlie, Boone's eyes and eyebrows are staring back at me! :D