Saturday, May 31, 2008

Digital Paintings...



This is a little sneak peak at an illustration I just completed for THE WRESTLER (I'll post the finished artwork once the publication hits newsstands). This is the reason why I LOVE this little community of blogs and all the great artists who are kind enough to share their work! Three months ago, I would not have had the confidence to even attempt an illustration like this. I have never completed a fully rendered digital painting in this style before. However, some very talented artists like Jason Seiler, Paul Moyse and Josh Cassidy have been very kind with their encouragement, advice and critiques. I can't thank you guys enough! And for anyone who may reading this that isn't familiar with their work, it would be well worth your time to click on their link and check out their blog. Their work will blow you away!

2 comments:

David Malan said...

Very nice work Lash, the likeness and facial structure are very nicely handled. I might suggest you try some strong hard lines in a few areas just to see if that would really punch them, but it looks great and very well drawn.
excited to see the finished piece.

Marco Bucci said...

nice! Good drawing of the face, especially the eyes.